DISSIDENT VOX PODCASTS TRANSCRIPTS

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

T-shirt alerts and propaganda

This is a transcript of a podcast show from dissidentvox.com

The clasification of the show is the following:

01 Dissident Voxcast 04 (180305) Robots, T-shirt alerts and propaganda


You can find mor information at http://www.dissident.com

Begining of the show

Hey folks, welcome to the show, this is Dissident Vox podcasting from the UK, from the north of England in a little town called Huddersfield, that’s 25 miles south of Manchester, in the cold north of England, it is getting a bit warmer now but it has been pretty chilly lately. So you’re very welcome, thanks for joining me, I appreciate your time in this increasingly busy world we’re living.

So we’ll get the basics of what we’ve got first, you can contact me at
jhwbuckley@gmail.com, my blog is at dissdentvox.com.

So, you’re welcome to drop by, leave comments, check out the content, and I’ll be loved to hearing from you.

So, I’ll tell you what is coming up: I’m going to be talking about what does it mean to be living in a time when your choice of T-shirt can cause a security issue and also why is the government now thrilling admit their fake news for propaganda purposes also something I’ve found kind of interesting recently is how crazy the Japanese are about robots and how advance the robots that they’re producing now are, I mean some of the are just absolutely unbelievable, so I’ll be talking about that a little bit and I’ve got some music coming up… so I’m going to be here for about ten twelve minutes, although probably more like ten or twelve hours and I hope you enjoy the show.

I’m going to kick off with this John Holowach tune from the album “A basement of Broken Dreams”, the song is called “my piano sings” I found it out in internet archive, he also has a blog and I’ll give you details after the tune.

… [Music] …
So I hope you’ve enjoyed that tune folks that was by John Holowach from his album A basement of broken dreams and the song was called son of my piano sings, that was licensed in the creative common attributions. And mister Holowach also has a blog at triple w narphonax.com so he’s always a busy and interesting character and that particular album that I took that track from Basement of Broken Dreams is available on internetarchive.org and I just suggest you to check that out if you’ve never been there, there’s a fantastic resource for digital media.

So, imagine that you’re traveling from a major international airport and you managed to spark a security alert, and what have you done? To deserve this fate, Are you a terrorist intend on destroying western civilization, Are you carrying a suitcase full of nucs’ ? D you have unfargs on you? Well if you are Kelly Jones the lead singer of Te Stereophonics, apparently not, your dangerous weapon is a T-shirt, and this particular T-shirt had a picture of a gun on it. So Kelly Jones was going through ethorugh and he was questioned, initially because he repeals this after metal detector, so they took his belt, his watch, his phone, and giving them whatsoever, and then a security guard takes him aside and says: “You do know that you’re not suppose to wear that, don’t you” And he says: “Not suppose to wear what?” And that guard was pointing at his T-shirt, and then the guard calls his supervisor over, and then, you know, unbelievable, they’re having a conversation about this guys wardrobe choice… He said afterwards “I thought he was going to ask me to strip down and change” It’s not as if my T-shirt was allowed.

Well, that may be true but, in modern Britain, and in this climate of fear that we’re living in the present day, it seems that anything it’s an enslavement to state interference or interference by duty… authorities, I mean, What does it say about the time we’re living? When a T-shirt, your choice of clothe, can cause a security alert, Are we any safer? Is this the new freedom? You see, somehow the more I see the operators of commanding control and civilians being put into place in our society, the less safe I feel myself to be.

So, I want to talk about this new story that I found over spinwatch.rog, there is a journalist David Miller, who put the article out, and it deals with how the UK government is apparently paying the wages of a group known as the B.F.B.S. (The British Forces Broadcasting Service) and their… is to edit and inform the armed forces around the world, they’re also a part of another group called the “service of science and vision corporation” who are commissioned to provide news to the BBC and the only problem with that is that they are funded by the ministry of defense, the government pays their wages, and they’re working side this group known as the B.F.B.S., but their news reports are presented without comment on BBC TV, they introduce media as a BFBS reporter who is embedded the forces in Iraq, but what you get here folks is a ministry of defense briefing presented as a BBC News piece, which is troubling to say the least because, somehow we rely on this journalists, this civilian journalists to be our impartial objective eyes and ears in this conflict zones, and if this people are commissioned by the ministry of defense to provide this information, then what we are really getting is government propaganda.

So I’m going to talk about these incredible robots that the Japanese have come up with, they’re calling them “fembots” because they look remarkable like young Japanese women. And apparently there were a model on the, some of the faces and characters from the Final Fantasy CDI film, and they are calling them actroids which I guess is an amalgamation of the word actor-android, so android that is an actor. They’re produce by a company called “Kokoro Advanced Media” and the actroid-bot is “fembot” can speaks forty thousand phrases in four languages, which is more than I can speak, and has a bunch of freaky facial expressions including blinking, which is very estrange, also the type of answers she can give over two thousands type of answers, and she matches her facial expressions to those answers, they even … how whether sense of irony, and she’ll actually fake clunky robot movements and then tell you that she is kidding, and even perform rap music, which is really the cherry on the cake. Quite incredible really, I mean, the Japanese has been into robots as you know for a long time, but now they are really taking them into the civil society in a way we haven’t seen before, and these are very advanced pieces of artificial intelligence, you could almost say that this is a new specie of technology that we’re talking about here, it’s not your inert piece of computing hardware, this is a species of technology, this things are going to get smarter and smarter and they are going to infiltrate our lives in ways we can’t possibly imagine, they’re also going to have some quite scary uses, if you just extrapolate a little down the line, and imagine what say the US military or the communist Chinese might chose to do with such a technology.

It’s really quite incredible that we’re living in this era, at the moment it tends to look a little bit like rejects from a Star Treck episode in the 60’s but, the technology is moving on the pay, is extremely powerful, so keep you eyes on that, you can link through my blog at dissidentvox.com to a movie of the actroid and there’s also some supplemental news information if you’re interested in checking tat out.

So that’s going to do from me, I’ve really enjoyed making this episode, I hope you’ve enjoyed listening to it, please check back for the next one, I’ve been dissident vox, and I’m out.


End of the show

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home