DISSIDENT VOX PODCASTS TRANSCRIPTS

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Dissident Vox 02, Bush mushup - Corrected Version

Aduioblog by John Buckley, The Dissident Vox, www.dissidentvox.com
Transcripts by Juan Manosalva, Valparaíso Chile

Good Morning Folks, it's dissident Vox here, my computer says that it's 3:35 in the morning and that's Monday morning, Monday March 17, 2005. I am here in the hills of Huddersfield in the north of England and so thanks for joining me for the next 10 or 12 minutes. I've actually spent more like 10 or 12 hours trying to get a sound that would make you want to stay for 10 or 12 minutes, I hope you will.

If you do you get to hear me playing a piece of music, making some statements, expressing opinions, the music you can hear underneath me is My Groovebox, merely playing away with a little tune that I programed a while ago.

And you may not agree with what I have to say, but that's your right, as it's my right, the right of free speech for all of us, something I deeply believe in, you're welcome to send me audio comments at jhwbuckley@gmail.com or you can visit the blog at dissidentvox.com

Ah, the mash up, I've got it labelled as a dcmixcompilaton it was from a Europe's 'Final Countdown' or at least the original that it came from was, these guys have done a surgical job at reconstructing George Bush's foreign policy, so please check it out.

Tune playing...
Tune Finished

So I really like that tune, I think that people who pulled it together have done an absolutely superb job of, as I said, reconstructing the foreign policy, the imperial policy of president George W. Bush, and you may not agree with me, you may think that George W. Bush is a good Christian man and his cohort Anthony Blair, you may think Vladimir Putin, William Jefferson Clinton, Kofi Annan, and all these guys are good men and they may have good qualities, I don't know, but I do know that I believe there's a significant amount of evidence that they are neither honest nor fair in their dealings with the people, or with the truth, and that concerns me folks, that's what I'm here, thats what I'm doing.

So I've being talking in my blog about what I'm calling the new Britain, new in the sense that we now have these enormously powerful juggernaut pieces of legislation being driven through the House's of Commons and Lords, we had the Civil Contingencies Bill last year, and that bill can effectively declare a state of emergency in this country, placing the country into martial law and then, in that event folks, everybody's life, property and liberty, will be under the command of state control.

Just last week we had Control Orders going through the house, I think it went to the House of Lords and should be passed very soon, and that gives the state the power to place individuals under house arrest, detention, surveillance, restriction of their movement, their internet access, who they can see, where they can go.

And folks our tv culture is becoming Guantanamo light, last week channel 4 had a show with tortured volunteers undergoing the Guantanamo regime, and if you flick channels can watch Jack Bauer, on the television show 24, who seems to be working for Fox news these days.

It's worrying you know, there are cameras going up everywhere and ... did you know that they had sponsors for the surveillance at the Republican Party conference last year? We've got fences barbed wire fences, men in black, and we've got ... dead bio-scientists turning up everywhere, the election's being stolen, but there you go, that's the modern world.

So that's my show notes, don't folks, and wherever I say in the next minute and a half, I will be off the cuff... so I hope you've enjoyed the podcast, please send me audio comments at jhwbuckey@gmail.com leave comments on the web site at dissidentvox.com, and I'm just pleased we have this medium, we need to use it to express ourselves, our opinions, our ideas, we need to share all our ideas and opinions and make the best use of that than we can, these are strange, difficult, and sometimes really troubling days, and we need to do everything that we can to defend the values that we believe make this world worth living in.

There are some strange things happening out there folks. So, this is Dissident Vox saying "take care of yourselves", "take care of each other", until the next time we meet this is Dissident Vox.. and I'm out.

This transcript has been corrected by the very Dissident Vox, though it actually may contain some more errors, we are humans and cannot avoid it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home