DISSIDENT VOX PODCASTS TRANSCRIPTS

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Excuse me Sir have you ever heard of Podcasting?

Mrs. Vox, BB, introduction to the show (which was great)

Hello there, it’s BB, here in the DV studio, I finally manage to get on the show.

DV is out doing a OP today in Manchester so, I’ve taken control of the studio and here I am and it’s absolutelly fantastic to be here shareing the show with you.

So please that you’re listening we have a fantastic show coming up for you today you really going to enjoy, it’s a brand new Dvoxpopz, because I am on it of course, no, not really.

Ahm, we have a local band, a Huddersfield based band coming later on the show, they have a great track, ahm, which is one of those tracks that you just can’t stop listening to, I’ve been driving DV mad all week wanting to hear it again and again, and, you’ll love it too, I’m sure.

But now, let’s go over to DV for his OP on the streets of Manchester where he’s talking to local folk about "podcasting".

DV am I doing all right?

Can you hear me?

DV asking in the streets of Manchester: "Excuse me Sir have you ever heard of Podcasting?"

Hey folks, thank you for joining me, this is Dissident Vox and I’m out here today in the streets of Manchester on what is a freezing cold northern day, and to add to the world, it’s also rainig, which is great.
But I’m out to ask people whether they’ve heard of podcasting, so let’s find out:

Interviewee 1:

DV: Excuse me lads! Can I ask whether you’ve ever heard of the term podcasting?

Folk: Podcasting?

DV: Yeah

Folk: No

DV: Basically, delivering, ah audio content over the internet to people who subscribe to various shows produced by bloggers in the main but also radiostations...

Folk: Bloggers?

DV: Bloggers, yeah

DV: You know blogs?

Folk: No

Folk: No I use computers ...

DV: Ah well fair enough

DV: Well thanks lads

Interviewee 2:

DV: Excuse me pa, can I ask whether you’ve ever heard of the term podcasting?

Folk: No thank you

...---...

DV: No thank you, eh?

DV:Laughter

DV: That’s a good one, have you ever heard of the term podcasting? "No tank you"

DV:Laughter

...---...

So let’s ah, let’s keep wandering around and see who we can meet and what they maight have to say...

Interviewee 3:

DV: Can I ask you whether you’ve ever heard of the term podcasting?

Folk: ...

DV: Podcasting or podcast

Folk: Podcast? No, Oh yeah obviously yeah

DV: Do you have an mp3 player?

Folk: Ah yeah

DV: What kind of staff do you generally put on it?

Folk: It’s just music really

DV: So you’re not actually listening to any podcast yet?

Folk: No, no.

Interviewee 4:

DV: Excuse me can I ask whether you’ve ever heard of the term podcasting or podcast?

Girl: Haven’t, no

DV: Do you have an mp3 player or anything like that?

Girl: Yes

DV: What kind of staff do you normally put on it?

Girl: My friend ...

Laughter

DV: Oh I see, I just feel that I look ... I like

Girl: Laughter, yeah

DV: I’ll tell you quickly, podcast’s just basically like, you know what blogs are?

Girl: No

DV: Ah blogs are basically websites put up by ordinary people where they talk about whatever they want and they can be, you know, everything from a serious kind of ah, you know citizen journalism, that kind of staff who are reporting on technology to just, you know, the adventures of me and my cat

Girl: Right

Girl: Pretty good

DV: But ahm, podcast are basically an audio extension that people now are producing radio shows, effectively, professionally sounding radio shows, there’s a whole stream of content even ... is doing it

Girl: Right

DV: So the BBC as doing it, you know, it’s probably said to become the big buzzword of the year, you know, there’s allways one

Girl: Right

DV: And It’s probably one of those but ahm, check it out anyway you might enjoy it, tell your friends ...

DV: Allright, well thank cheers

Interviewee 5:

DV: Excuse me sir, I Just wondered whether you could tell me if you’ve ever heard of the term podcasting?

Folk: Of course I do

DV: And have you actually listened to a podcast

Folk: I have yes

DV: Great, what kind of show do you listen to

Folk: Ah, it’s kind of serious, radio 4, that’s being one and something from the states kind of free word really

DV: What’s your impresion about them at the moment

Folk: Ahm, it works and it’s an extraordinary, laughter, development in being to kind of get information, real

DV: Is this something you could see yourself ever doing?

Folk: Doing a podcat?

DV: Yeah

Folk: Yeah, yeah

DV: Oh great

Folk: Yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely

Folk: Yeah, yeah, yeah

DV: What kind...

Folk: We are probably doing one for sure

DV: Through work?

Folk: Yeah, yeah

Folk: Yeah, yeah

DV: I work in a, I work in a ... industries, so I work, I work in a, I work, I wor... I run a theat... a performance company

DV: Oh fantastic

Folk:So we are going to be out on the road doing research and where we’ll be throwing things out and one of the things we’re looking out is podcating, so ...

DV: Fantastic posibilities with podcasting there are for you guys

Folk: Yeah so we can just you know, we are going to walk from ... to ... and along that walk we are going to see we are going to throw staff using our Macs that we carry around, just kind of we ...

DV: Brillant

So that’s (5:14)


...---...

TRANSCRIPT UNFINNISHED, BUT FINNISHING SOON...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home